Welcome to the website of Solar Gardens at Avalon, our charming Solar Gardens shop conveniently located in central Saskatoon. We are a locally owned and operated business, established in 2005.
While we are perhaps best known for our beautiful succulents
and succulent bowl classes (and now succulent class kits you can do at home
), we are also very pleased to carry delicious and varied balsamic vinegars and olive oils
, exotic spice blends
, unusual candies and chocolates, our own delicious Sangria line, puzzles, giftware and much much more. Explore this website to learn more about our succulents and exciting products.
Our website is frequently updated. We revise its content as new classes and products become available, and as new seasonal events approach. We update our CURRENT AVAILABILITY
page very regularly and this is where you can order for contactless curbside pickup. We also offer in-store shopping, if you prefer not to preorder.
Particularly at this time of Covid-19 physical distancing, we want this website to provide an easy way for our clients to stay abreast of our available products and new developments.
We are now in the process (on a continual basis) of posting a more complete listing of our many available products and will be adding a list of current pricing for products to make it easy for you to order any item via email.
Consider signing up for our newsletters
. They are probably the best ways to keep abreast of all things Solar Gardens.
HOW WE ARE HANDLING THE AGE OF COVID 19
This year, more than ever, we need the normalcy of gardening and enjoying our back yards and being able to enjoy our decks, balconies, gardens and homes.
We have instituted a number of changes to allow you to easily and safely access our gorgeous succulents and other products.
We now offer curbside pickup
of prepaid orders. You can order any of our products online by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with your order or filling out this form.
E-transfer is the preferred method of prepayment for these services. If shopping in-store we accept Visa, Mastercard, debit and cash.
We are not offering any classes currently due to covid-19 and safe social distancing practices , but we have created convenient and beautiful class kits
that allow you to make succulent arrangements at home.
Information on our "make at home" class kits
, our other various products and how to order any Solar Gardens items for curbside pickup are available on this website
A number of changes
have been instituted at our shop to meet the safety and public health regulations. These guidelines are now familiar to all of us.
Thank you for understanding, following and respecting these public health guidelines.
- Outside and inside our shop, we ask people to maintain physical distancing of 2 metres (6 feet) or more.
- We have hand sanitizer placed near the door and we ask anyone entering the shop to use it immediately upon entry.
- There is a maximum of 3 people allowed in our shop at a time and the flow of movement along aisles is in one direction to prevent your path crossing with others .
- Sampling of our food items and our spice “sniffing jars” will not be available.
- We ask that customers do not visit our shop if you are feeling unwell.
- We apologize that our washrooms cannot be available to the public or even our clients during this time.
- Please demonstrate patient and mindful awareness of others when moving within our shop or when waiting to enter.
- Our staff may be called to do curbside deliveries while helping you and so they may need to attend to others. We apologize in advance if they are briefly called away.
- Please be patient and kind with each other and with our staff. We are all finding our way through this unusual and challenging time as best we can.
- Ultimately we hope to meet your needs and help you find a beautiful item while everyone remains safe and happy.
And please note: Our Acreage is now permanently closed.
Effective April 2020 we have permanently closed our acreage
greenhouses and Firestick Cafe to the general public and so the acreage is no longer available for events, bookings and dining. Thank you for all your wonderful support of our acreage and Firestick Cafe over the years. It has been a great and challenging adventure. We plan to write a book about our non-stop, unbelievable, fantastic journey someday....with lots of pictures....and recipes...why not? Thankfully, our memories are very, very long!
Our acreage will now focus solely on the greenhouse production of quality succulents for Solar Gardens at Avalon and our wholesale clients.
But we are very happy to say that all of our wonderful products are now available through our Avalon shop.